Postnatal Yoga with Baby Massage:
Set in 6 weeks blocks, this combined class is approximately half an hour of Baby massage followed by refreshments and chat, settling your baby, then an hour of Yoga and relaxation.
Tracey will adapt Yoga for women joining the class after your 6 week check to 6 or 7 months after birth, allowing your baby to take the lead in your decision to start and finish
Massaging your baby…..
- Connects you and your baby physically and emotionally
- Stimulates the release of endorphins to release tension and anxity (reduces cortisol the stress hormone) so promotes wellbeing
- Promotes trust and confidence in learning to handle your baby for you and your partner
- Encourages good circulation, helps release growth hormones from the pituitary gland
- Helps muscles relax and joint flexibility
- Cleanses the skin, stimulates the lymphatic system aiding the immune system
- Stimulates the digestive system and helps your baby to breathe deeper.
An hour of postnatal Yoga and relaxation…..
- Recover and strengthen core muscles
- Release shoulders and stiff upper backs from carrying and feeding
- Breathe for energy and to release stress and tension